Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Arrival: Day 7



December 7, 2018
“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.- Luke 1:38

            I love Mary’s heart. I find myself envious of her reaction to the Lord’s call. She says simply that whatever the Creator wishes to do, she would allow. Lately my heart has been in very many different places and I think that is probably common amongst most of us during the holiday season. We barely have time to breathe because of everything swirling around us. But Mary stopped before her mind could rationalize itself out of this mysterious encounter and she said “I am your servant, do as you wish.” 
            Before my feet touch the ground in the morning those words should be on my mouth too. “Lord, whatever you wish to do through me today please do it. I’m here for you and only you.”  This is what it looks like to love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength. We have to be willing to let Him move us and use us in whatever way He wishes, because we are simply here to be His hands and feet. And His word and promises will be fulfilled if we forego any plans and desires we’ve been holding onto this season. Our expectations and journey to find joy in meaningless things will not compare to watching His word be fulfilled right in front of our eyes! So let’s come humbly before Him today and echo Mary, because that’s where our joy will be found... in letting Him be glorified through us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment