Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Guilt-Free Joy

Sometimes I feel guilty. It’s an odd thing to feel guilt about such a good thing... Joy. 

Recently I’ve found more joy in Jesus and who He is. I’ve experienced great joy in this place that He has planted me and with the people he has put into my life. I’ve had experiences and adventures and simple moments that have almost brought tears to my eyes because I could hardly express my joy. And yet I feel guilty? 

But tonight, as I was walking back from an event with over 100 college students that we have been attending I heard God speak to my guilt. He told it to flee and hide because it was not accepted in this place of joy. This joy has come from the Father of Heavenly lights and there is no wrong in it, there is nothing to doubt or feel guilty about. This joy comes from a place deep within my heart that I didn’t even know existed until Christ opened it up and set that joy free. It’s a special thing to be loved and led by a Savior who delights to give us joy. And it’s even more special when we are able to share that joy with others! 

Don’t get me wrong, life is not perfect. And the enemy tries daily to steal, kill, and destroy all that is going well around me. But Christ has already won and my strength comes from His joy. 

So instead of going to bed guilty of this joy that I have, tonight I will sleep with a thankful and joyous heart. Because Christ has chosen me, called me, equipped me, and saved me. How amazing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment