Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Arrival: Day 16



December 16, 2018

“Of the increase of His government and of peace there will be no end,”- Isaiah 9:7a

My heart has wandered in 1,000,001 different ways this Advent season. Everything around me feels so foreign and everything inside of me wants to hide from what surrounds me. I’ve tried to reconcile the world I am living in and the final Home that I am walking towards but it just will not work. I’ve forgotten what Peace feels like because I’m too busy trying to conjure up my own things that I think will give me comfort. And I’ve forgotten that the peace I’m searching for isn’t an “it” instead Peace is a person. 


Jesus is the Creator of Peace. That tiny baby, even as Mary carried him close to herself, was sustaining her very breath and supplying her with peace. And to this very day He gives Himself and his peace so freely to us. I do not think we have “missed the meaning of Christmas.” I think instead we have intentionally overlooked the manger in hopes of something even more satisfying when in reality only He can satisfy our every longing. His Peace shall never end, no matter how long I keep asking Him for it or seeking more of it, it will simply never run out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment