Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

Arrival: Day 14


December 14, 2018

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Isaiah 9:6 


The strange contrast in Isaiah’s words should make us stop. Here we are presented with this baby, which will reign over governments. We have a child who is a wonderful counselor, a mighty God. How can this be so? This is the beauty of the majesty of God. He is still and everlasting Father and a baby come to Bethlehem all at once. He gives counsel yet He sits in the lap of his mother. But my favorite is that this child is the Prince of Peace. A Prince has the power to give or hold back anything in His kingdom. Yet this baby comes and offers infinite peace. This Advent season I want to hide behind the manger as I feel his peace wrap around me. I want my cares to be not those of my circumstances or trials, but instead only to seek Him and His glory. I want to hide behind His wonderful counsel and His mighty hand. I pray that I don’t only see a baby but that I see the One True God wrapped in the swaddling cloth and lying in a manger. His Peace is unending and He reigns forever and for some reason He loves me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment