Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Arrival: Day 10


December 10, 2018

“Powerful princes he tears from their thrones and he lifts up the lowly to take their place. Those who hunger for him will always be 
filled, but the smug and self-satisfied he will send away empty.”
Luke 1:52-53

Mary’s heart cry is not from someone terrified of what God has called her to, but instead COURAGEOUS in the God who has called her. This girl knows that no matter the outcome, the hunger she has for her Lord will always be satisfied. This God is worthy of her trust and this Baby inside of her will bring salvation. My heart cry is often that of pity and shame. My heart cries more for my needs than the needs of those around me. And most days my heart is shut off to anything or anyone, even the Creator, and is only focused on my selfish ways. 


The Good News frees us from selfishness and allows us to rejoice in this God who takes our lowly self and raises us to the levels of royalty. The Good News declares that our hunger will always, always, always be satisfied when we hunger for Him. The Good News is that the Prince of Peace has come and has begun to make all things NEW, even my selfish heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment