Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Unfathomable Love

Ephesians 3:14-21
Once we are overcome with His unending mercy (v. 4-10) we then sink into an unfathomable love. Paul explains to the Ephesians here that we need to be rooted and grounded in love. How can we do that? How do I stay rooted in love? Only through staying connected to HIM, the creator of Love itself. The way he describes God’s love is a knowable love that surpasses knowledge. How can I know an unknowable thing? This is the beauty of the love of God the Father, Son, and Spirit; there is always more of His love to be known. At that precise moment that I feel an overwhelming sense of His love, I’ve reached a new knowledge of it, but that will not be the last time. I will learn more and more of His love in new ways and I will know Him more and better through those moments. Paul says that through His power we will be given “strength to comprehend… the breadth and length and height and depth” of His love. There is not one area of the universe that His love cannot reach. When I’m at the highest heights, His love will be there. When I have fallen into the depths of sorrow are, His love will be there. When I look to the right or to the left, to the deserts or to the places that I think His love hasn’t reached, His love will be there. And in all of these places I know more of this never-ending love. In the depths I see new pieces to His love that I would not have known on the heights of easy times. In the farthest places that are so foreign and nowhere near comfort, I am held fast in a new corner of His love that I haven’t traversed thus far. It doesn’t end when I finally think I’ve reached the “end” of His love. No, it’s in that moment where I realize I have only just begun to glimpse this eternal love that is not bound by time, space, or location.

No comments:

Post a Comment