Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

Called

He has not called me to be a "missionary". Nor has He called me to save. When did I begin to insert my simple, sinful self into His place? When did I become powerful enough, Holy enough, gracious enough to do either of those? Jesus has simply called me to know Him deeper, to follow Him through dark wilderness and abundant goodness. I am not special or more gifted than the rest because of my geographical location. My flesh doesn't desire to say "yes" to Him and it isn't a natural thing for me to follow Him. But it is only through the constant emptying of myself that I might find more of Him and allow His Spirit to fill me up with something new altogether. New desires, new endurance, a new heart. The emptying hurts, I feel all of my unholy desires slipping through the cracks of my heart, begging to stay a little longer. But my whole being knows that this is best, He is best. Wherever I am in this world, and wherever you are, no matter the location of our physical body or even the location of our emotions, we find our true calling in nothing except knowing Him more. Seeing His glory. Experiencing His goodness. 


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being. - Ephesians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment