Pages

Monday, December 3, 2018

Arrival: Day 3

 December 3, 2018

“All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us).”- Matthew1:22-23

The woman who first fell prey to the schemes of the enemy in Genesis felt the heavy weight of her sins immediately. And I’m sure the woman who would give birth to Immanuel felt the weight of her sin immediately after this news was delivered to her. There’s something beautiful about the brokenness of a human being carrying the God-man inside of her. This baby that would come forth from her would bring restoration to all that had been brought forth from the actions of the first woman. The story has come full circle, Immanuel is finally on His way! 

I love how Mary pondered everything within her heart (Luke 2:19). There must have been so many emotions, difficulties, and trials constantly surrounding her; yet, she took all of this to the secret place in her heart where only God could hear. As I walk through this Advent season, and the world swirls about me in so many directions I pray that I can remember Immanuel has come! He is God with ME! His present and overwhelming love surrounds me. And so, I’ll take all of these chaotic yet grace-filled moments through the next few weeks and store them up in the secret place of my heart where He alone hears and understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment