Pages

Friday, April 12, 2019

This Girl

She’s steady, this girl, never wavering on what she believes and always strong in standing up for truth. 

She’s compassionate, this girl, seeing the needs of those around her and acting without questioning whether she will receive something in return. 

She’s dedicated, this girl, forging ahead to reach her goal and never looking back. 

She’s creative, this girl, using that innate likeness she received from her Creator to design and mold beautiful things and ideas. 

She’s brave, this girl, always ready to try the thing that’s never been done. 

She’s wise, this girl, offering advice beyond what her age should know.

She’s not a girl anymore, this woman.... my sister. She has laughed with me and pushed me forward when I thought my feet could not take another step. She has cried with me and prayed for me. She has shown me what it means to be fearless and independent and spontaneous. She’s the one that I prayed for as a little girl, begging God to give me a sister. And in God’s gracious way he gave me more than I could ever ask for or imagine. 

On her day of graduating from high school and stepping out into this next season, although I can’t be there, I bow before the throne and offer her up to our Savior. I pray that His plans for her are good, as he has promised, and that He will receive glory through them. I pray that he gives her joy and that the desires of her heart will reflect his own and that they will be filled. I pray that He gives her success in her dreams and allows her to accomplish all of her goals. I pray that he protects, guides, and covers her in every step for the rest of her life. 

I love you Hannah Bethany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment