Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

For my Mom

My mother is joyful.
Peaceful. 
Exciting. 
Strong-willed. 
Courageous. 
Bold. 
Humble. 
Patient. 
VERY patient. 
She is gentle and kind.
She gives discipline when I don't think I deserve it, and GRACE when I know I don't deserve it. 
She shows me how to be fearless. 
She shows me how to love Jesus above all else. 
She shows me how to love when I don't want to, and forgive when I don't think I have to. 
She cries with me when I'm hurt and laughs with me when I do something silly.
She teaches me to cook and clean so that one day I can do the same for my children.
She wakes up early to work and goes to bed late to make sure everything is ready for the next day. 
She loves with no restrictions and forgives with no regrets. 
My mother is my role model, confidant, stronghold, and friend. 
She is the one I look to for guidance.
She praises me when I do good, and pushes me to do better when I mess up.
She shows me that life is not about winning or being the best, but about loving every second along the way. 

But the greatest thing about her is that she makes me want to love Jesus more. 
Everything she does pushes me to be a better Christian, daughter, servant, sister, and friend.


Today and everyday I am thankful for her. I love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment